This is a bunch of links to external documentation. (currently unchecked)
- dcraw the current reference implementation for RAW decoding.
- jrawio a Java library that implements RAW image decoding
- exifprobe (via Internet Archive) (exifprobe new home on github) and Exiv2 that decode several raw files
- dcraw tutorial explain of dcraw works: a basic insight on RAW processing.
- Debayering a CR2 image with openCV more question asked than answered but it give some overview of the process.
- Developing a RAW photo by hand part 1 and part 2 - an exploration into the pipeline and how to work it.
- Pixel Grouping
- What does an unprocessed RAW file look like? (Petapixel mirror) - explanation of RAW files.
- RGB/XYZ matrixes the applied mathematics to transform colours
- Chromatic adaptation converting colourspaces using linear algebra, a direct application of the above.
- RAW file standards try to match current standard with currently undocumented file formats and its summary.
- TIFF on which DNG and apparently other RAW format are based on.
- Adobe DNG a “standard” format that Adobe tries to push.