libopenraw is an ongoing project to provide a free software implementation for camera RAW files decoding. One of the main reason is that dcraw is not suited for easy integration into applications, and there is a need for an easy to use API to build free software digital image processing application.
It also has the goal to address missing feature from dcraw like meta-data decoding and easy thumbnail extraction.
You can view the latest release API documentation.
This is currently a work in progress. The currently unreleased code is available in git. See how to get the code.
- version 0.0.9 tar.bz2 GPG sig - 13 Nov 2011
- version 0.0.8 tar.gz GPG sig - 15 May 2009
- version 0.0.7 tar.gz GPG sig - 28 Apr 2009
- version 0.0.6 tar.gz GPG sig - 21 Feb 2009
- version 0.0.5 tar.gz GPG sig - 26 Feb 2008
- version 0.0.4 tar.gz GPG sig - 12 Jan 2008
- version 0.0.3 tar.gz GPG sig - 25 Nov 2007
- version 0.0.2 tar.gz GPG sig - 25 Jan 2007
- version 0.0.1 tar.gz GPG sig - 9 Dec 2006
There is the
to use libopenraw from Rust with a Rust API. It is currently limited
Where to go
- [PlannedFeatures]: what is the plan
- Getting the code: downloading the source
- Building: building the library
- Library Documentation (Doxygen generated)
- File Formats: our documentation on file formats
- Links: links to external documents that can be helpful
Getting in touch
There is mailing list for developers available now. Visit https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libopenraw-dev to subscribe. You can also access the archive: https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libopenraw-dev/
Join us on
#libopenraw on the FreeNode irc network (