Exempi is an implementation of XMP. Version 2.x is based on Adobe XMP SDK and released under a BSD-style license like Adobe’s. The 3 clause BSD (aka New-BSD) license is compatible with GPL. The licensing is kept identical in order to allow two-way merging of the code (ie sending our change to the XMP SDK to Adobe for integration).
The API is C based and means to be used from any language and be easier to maintain ABI stability.
The overall changes include:
- STABLE C API/ABI for the library, instead of a C++ template based version.
- GNU friendly build system based on automake.
- Code changes for UN*X systems compatibility.
- Architecture support for 64-bits (x86_64) and others.
- Test suite. There is also a work in progress “exempi” command line tool starting in 2.2.0
- version 2.5.1 .tar.bz2 - GPG signature
- version 2.4.5 .tar.bz2 - GPG signature
- version 2.3.0 .tar.bz2 - GPG signature
- version 2.2.2 .tar.bz2 - GPG signature
- older releases
Just specify in your
Cargo.toml file the following:
[dependencies] exempi = "2.4.4"
Use the appropriate version as you see fit. It will require to have at least that version the exempi package.
- check your favorite distribution.
Obsolete 1.0 series
Before the XMP SDK was available, Exempi started as a new implementation.
Bugs can be reported in the Gitlab issue tracker: Report a bug
There is a mailing list exempi-devel to discuss of exempi development and exempi use (as a developer). https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/exempi-devel
Source Code repository
You can access everything from the Gitlab project