Exempi is an implementation of XMP. Version 2.x is based on Adobe XMP SDK and released under a BSD-style license like Adobe's. The 3 clause BSD (aka New-BSD) license is compatible with GPL. The licensing is kept identical in order to allow two-way merging of the code (ie sending our change to the XMP SDK to Adobe for integration).
The API is C based and means to be used from any language and be easier to maintain ABI stability.
The overall changes include:
- STABLE C API/ABI for the library, instead of a C++ template based version.
- GNU friendly build system based on automake.
- Code changes for UN*X systems compatibility.
- Architecture support for 64-bits (x86_64) and others.
- Test suite. There is also a work in progress "exempi" command line tool starting in 2.2.0
2.x series Changelog
- check your favorite distribution.
Obsolete 1.0 series
Bugs can be reported in freedesktop.org bugzilla.
There is a mailing list exempi-devel to discuss of exempi development and exempi use (as a developer).
Source Code repository
Version 2.x is hosted on freedesktop.org in git.
For push access:
To get the 2.3 branch, use the following for the initial checkout after
git checkout -b exempi-2.3-branch origin/exempi-2.3-branch
This create an exempi-2.3-branch that track the remote one.